This clinic offers a volunteer internship program for undergraduates who are eager to learn more about the medical field, especially the field of Geriatric Neurology. Volunteer interns play an integral role in the neurocognitive evaluation of each patient. Therefore, interns must demonstrate their ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner while remaining sensitive to the needs of patients and families.
This program provides interns with the opportunity to participate in experiential learning while assisting the region’s healthcare experts in a spectrum of neurocognitive disorders. Genesis Neuroscience interns receive specialized training in a battery of neurocognitive exams used in the diagnosis and treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. In addition, interns are involved in the collection of neurocognitive data for clinical trial and general research purposes.
If you are interested in applying to the Genesis Neuroscience Clinic Internship Program, please click here to complete our online application.
- Available for at least a semester (5 months)
- Must have at least one day a week (Monday–Friday) available to be here for an AM (8:30-12:30) or PM (12:30-5:00) shift
- Dedication and strong interest in the medical field
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to learn EMR software
- Desire to work
with older adults, 50 years of age and older